The program is an award-winning CSR initiative by L’Oréal and UNESCO to support and recognize women researchers and encourage more young talents to build a scientific career.
It was started in 1992 by a former country managing director, Dr. Katalin Ránky in partnership with the Hungarian Academy of Science (MTA).
In the past 16 years 45 scientists were awarded, in two categories each year. (Every one of them was under the age of 35 and 45).
Challenge: As it’s a scientific award received by scientists it’s a challenging to communicate it in a comprehensible and entertaining way.
- Creating a message architecture and simplifying the researches
- Organizing a complex media training for the awarded scientists with test situations (e.g.: TV, radio, phone and personal interviews)
- Preparing two press releases (a national and a regional version for the region where the winners live)
- Organizing interviews and generating coverage
- Organizing special lessons at the alma mater of the scientists
After 8 years there is still an increase in every year regarding the media coverage of L’Oréal For Women in Science Award.
We generated more than 60 million forints in 2018. Due to the comprehensible representation of scientific pieces TIER1 media has always been interested in the award.